Yesterday was a lazy travel day. We stopped at Gamble Rogers State Park for lunch where we found an Aliner set up. I had a good chat with the owners (Dennis and Sue from Nashville TN) while Forrest was grateful for the time to have a nap. Our campground just north of St. Augustine, North Beach Camp Resort, was the first one to provide some much-welcomed privacy and shade. We even put out the rug and picnic tablecloth!

Today, we toured historic St. Augustine. We saw the
oldest wooden schoolhouse in North America (pre-1716), which had a lovely rear garden decorated with stone figures of children and books. The
Spanish Military Hospital (1784) was very informative - we were surprised at how advanced Spanish medical treatment was for the time. And we HAD to stop at the spring declared by Ponce de Leon in 1513 to be the
Fountain of Youth. (If you think I look pretty good in the picturebelow, just wait til the spring water takes effect!)

There is a cold front coming through tonight, and we expect much cooler weather tomorrow. I'm afraid this is the last of our days in shorts.
No comments:
Post a Comment